Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Monday, December 14, 2015

eReader on Your Christmas List? Flash sale at Barnes & Noble on the Nook GlowLight Plus!

Are you thinking of purchasing an eReader? Well, Barnes & Noble is having some great deals and the Nook GlowLight Plus is one of them!

I'm kinda an eReader junkie. I like trying them out and I love reading on them. I started out with the original Barnes & Noble Nook and have numerous other eReaders through the years. Presently I have a Kindle Fire HDX and a Barnes & Noble Nook (which is really a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.0 7inch) Both the Kindle Fire and the Nook are small 7 inch tablets, which is great because I can read, search the internet, check my email, etc. But sometimes… I get distracted from my reading and start doing other things because I have that capability. So, I thought it would be nice to get back to basics. Yup, just a dedicated eReader that has Wifi so I can download books, but that's it. So, I've been looking at the Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight Plus. It's a nice small size, small enough to fit in a purse, it's pretty durable being waterproof and dust proof, not to mention an aluminum back, and it's on SALE! 

I'm not going to review the GlowLight Plus here (I will be reviewing it in the near future) but I wanted to let you know that if you're interested, it is on sale until Dec. 16th for $99. That's $30 off the normal price. ( I should also mention that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook is also on sale for $99 until Dec. 26th)

So, if you want to get back to basics and save some $$, check out the Nook GlowLight Plus. It's an eInk based eReader that may be just be what the Librarian ordered! Personally, I'm going to put one in my stocking!

*P.S. One of the recent hiccups with the GlowLight Plus has been a problem with downloading ePub books that you can borrow from your local library. The updated software was suppose to fix that, but readers are still having issues. Though I would want to use this eReader to read purchased book, I would want to be able to borrow library books too, so I have to decide whether the eReader is worth it just for reading Nookbooks. What do you think?

No comments:

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant